Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I have to blog this while I can remember...

A too cute William moment...

Today is one of my "nanny" days when we have baby Lilly here, and when I asked William to ask the blessing on breakfast this morning, this is how it went:

William: Father in heaven, thank you for our blessings. Please bless the food. Please help us to have a good day. Please help baby Lilly to learn 9 new things today. Please help her to learn that when she tries to stand up holding onto something and her head is under it, she'll bonk her head, so she shouldn't do that. Please help her to learn that baby games aren't the most fun thing. Please help her to learn some of my games. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Was that good, mom?

Me: That was good, babe.

William: I asked God to help her learn 3 good things. He can decide the rest 'cause he's in charge of the whole world. And He always has good ideas.


I'm sure God smiled. :)

2 comments:

Crystal said...

LOL! (That kid is literally made of gold.) ;)

lillyspad said...

And THAT is why Mich and William are our nannies. ;) From the mouths of babes comes wisdom beyond their years. (sigh)