Monday, September 26, 2005

William quotes...

I was tucking William in last night. Getting him to bed can be such a pain sometimes. So last night I just lay in bed with him until he fell asleep. Before he did, we had the following conversation:

William: (stretching arms out) Can we hug each other while we sleep?
Me: (how can I say no to that) Sure. (big hug) It's too bad we have to get up early tomorrow so you can go to daycare and I can go to the office.
William: You're just picking on me about daycare.
Me: No. I'm teasing you. You aren't going to daycare and I'm not going to the office. And you wouldn't even be in daycare anymore, you'd be in kindergarten. But we do kindergarten at the kitchen table. How cool is that? What a blessing!
William: That's the bestest blessing I ever had!

Then this morning, as usual, his mouth woke up before his brain. Yesterday he'd been playing with his chess set and he lost one of the black pawns. The first words out of his mouth as he stumbled into the livingroom this morning were:

William: I'm gonna see if that tricky pawn is back in it's box. That tricky pawn that was missing.
Me: You think it crawled back in the box?
William: I think it grew legs and walked away yesterday and crawled back in the box while we were sleeping.

If IQ stood for Imagination Quotient, he'd be off the charts. :)

No comments: