Friday, September 23, 2005

I had a tiny epiphany this evening. We had just finished having delicious grilled bacon cheeseburgers. The boys were giggling in the bedroom where they have created a castle with all kinds of secret passageways out of some boxes. Crystal and Jonathan were talking smack to each other at the the iMac. I was playing some David Lanz on the piano. And the thought occurred to me that with everything that's going on, I really need to enjoy these moments. The simple pleasures of life. Family, music, good food. How many of our brethren tonight are eating fast food and spending their Sabbath in a hotel, hoping that they'll have a house to go back to next week? How much longer before there isn't enough food, and we can't feel safe in our own houses? It's very exciting, and yet very sobering to see how prophecy is speeding up. All of my life I've heard of what is to come, but I guess I got kind of numb to the reality of it. We're not in the tribulation yet, but every day more of the pieces of the puzzle fall into place. I really need to redeem the time--to prepare for Christ's return, to finish the Work, to raise a Godly son and just to enjoy the abundant life that God has blessed me with.

No comments: