Friday, January 23, 2009

Bullets

--William was able to get all the way down to the floor in his middle split at gymnastics on Wednesday. I was surprised. They had a conditioning-heavy class, doing 100 pushups and situps and these inverted pullup things on the parallel bars. Crazy. All in all I'm very pleased with the new gym.

--Coaching basketball is fun so far. We have seven on our roster now, which will come in handy. At our first game our only girl couldn't come, and one of the guys got sick half way through, so we had to finish the game 4 on 5. In spite of this, we were able to rally and come from behind to win. 10 to 7. Defense appears to be our strength. It's certainly not offense.

--School is coming along nicely. Ish. I've been able to spend some time scheduling this week, which helps.

--Still haven't really gotten back in the running groove since the half-marathon. I guess my priorities are elsewhere right now. Trying to decide if I want to sign up for the race again next year.

--Already beginning to gear up for deleavening. I'm actually looking forward to using it as an opportunity to declutter William's room. And maybe mine a bit too.

--Still want to hike, but it's looking like it will be later rather than sooner.

--Sabbath's almost here. Yea for rest and renewal!

No comments: