Monday, January 12, 2009

Je voudrais...

I have a hankering to travel. Not with checked baggage and free peanuts.

I want to hit the road. But not in a car. I want to embark on an adventure in self-powered travel like this one.

I've been thinking and reading about hiking a bunch recently, and planning some hikes for the not to distant future (hopefully). And the more I think about it, the more impatient I become to get out and do it. Apartment life does not suit me. I want to spend time someplace that has more trees than people. I want to sleep somewhere where road noise is not my lullaby. I want to carry all my possessions on my back like a turtle, and make my home wherever the ground is flat enough to pitch my tent. I want to spend the night somewhere with stars instead of streetlights. And I want William to experience it all with me.

I know what I want. I just haven't figured out the how of it all yet. But where there's a want, there's a way, right?

No comments: