Monday, May 28, 2007

Oh the drama!

This conversation took place in the car just now. I lost my patience with William's incessant talk about getting a spotted tree monitor for a pet. I don't even know what it is, but it's a reptile...how good of a pet can it be?

Me: William! Please, babe. Give me a break with the monitor talk!
William: I've only been interested in monitors for a short time now. (Yes, my 7-yr old actually talks like this. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing.)
Me: Yes, but you've been talking about them non-stop for that entire short time. I don't really know anything about monitors, and I don't even like reptiles that much.
William: Because they're ugly looking??
Me: Yeah, that, and they're not very nice.

At this point I glance over at William and his face is turned away from me and he's crying. Feel free to roll your eyes along with me.

William: *whips his head back around, full of righteous indignation* And they're habitat is being destroyed, Mom! You don't have to be so grumpy!

Oh brother! Such drama from a 7 year old! Can't wait to hit those teen years.

4 comments:

Annette said...

Whoahhh. Good luck with that.

Michael said...

He uses words like "habitat"? Correctly?

Michelle said...

Well, he does watch a lot of Croc Hunter reruns, so he may say "habitat" w/a weird Aussie accent, but he's got the correct meaning. :)

Michael said...

For a while, Nick's favorite word was "chrysalis". I guess they'd been talking about butterflies in class.