Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Now that I've finished reading "The Hobbit" to William...

I'm starting him in on "Watership Down" by Richard Adams. Yes, it's more fantasy. I remember the first time I read this book in high school. This kid in my physics class (which was kind of like a study hall) asked what I was reading.

Me: Watership Down.
Him: What's it about?
Me: These rabbits are looking for a new place to live, and...
Him: Bunnies?
Me: What?
Him: You're reading a book about bunnies?
Me: Well, yeah, but it's this adventure, and their old home is poisoned and they're looking for a new...
Him: Aw, the poor wittle bunnies have no pwace to wive...
Me: Shut up. It's on the college recommended reading list.

But seriously, it's a good book. I think William will like it. And instead of talking about dragons and goblins, he'll be talking about bunnies. :)

3 comments:

Crystal said...

You're weird.

Michelle said...

You say that now. But once I'm through reading it to William, I'm gonna brainwash YOU into reading it. Then you'll be recommending a book about bunnies to people. Reading it to your son. Your husband already read it...and LIKED it! So there.

BanjoBen said...

I had to read that book in high school. I didn't want to read it either, but I have to admit, it was better than I expected.