Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Blah-ging

What to say? Life goes on. Homeschool, work, activities. Shop, budget, oil change. Just normal stuff going on here.

I guess there were a couple events of note that didn't get blogged about yet. I ran the San Antonio Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon. It went a lot better than I expected. I had intended to run the whole marathon, but it was hard to find the time to put in the long runs before the Feast. So when I hurt my leg (I think a pulled quad) at the Feast playing soccer, it just helped me make the decision not to do the full. I'm glad. I was actually able to enjoy the half--the last mile wasn't so much fun anymore--and my recovery was pretty quick. I was surprised. Haven't really gotten back into the running so much since then though, which is sort of stupid. This is the time to run here in San Antonio, and I'm missing it, after almost dying of heat stroke more than once trying to run through the summer here. I really need to get back to it. It's cool that I'm actually starting to miss it.

I use "actually" a lot.

The Big Bryce Thanksgiving was fun. It was cool to see most of the family there. I'll get to see the one missing sibling this month when we all go camping. This is also the time of year to camp in Texas.

I've been researching and doing some preliminary planning for a hike in March. It should be fun.

William's doing great in gymnastics and football. By great, I mean he is participating in a mostly positive attitude most of the time. And, I suspect, enjoying it more than he is willing to admit. I'm vacillating between nervousness and excitement about switching to a new gym. I hope the move pays off in increased focus and discipline in William. He's hoping to learn to do a back flip. That would also be cool.

William has shown a renewed interest in the piano, which he is practicing right now. He comes up with some interesting original compositions. He's also getting back into learning French, but that is more my doing than his. He'll thank me for it later. Hopefully in French.

Time to go give my budding Chopin some pointers.

No comments: