Saturday, April 05, 2008

Week in review

Sunday
-William and Jarek's first soccer game of the season. They lost. That extends their losing streak to nine since they lost every game in their basketball season. They've now had plenty of practice keeping a good attitude while losing. I hope they get to practice good attitudes when winning sometime.

Monday
-Made an appointment for William to take a free trial gymnastics class at the only local-ish gym I could find that offered boys' classes. The last time he took gymnastics, he got caught in a traffic jam on the balance beam, and in his boredom decided it would be good to pinch the bottom of the little, leotard-clad girl in front of him. He was only three at the time, but still...I'm taking no chances. A boys' class it is. Assuming I like the place. And can afford it.

Tuesday
-I can't remember Tuesday, so it must not have been important.

Wednesday
-Ran at a track with JB, Crystal, Jarek and William. The adults did most of the running, while the boys chased each other through the bleachers. I ran my fastest mile since college, and Jonathan almost made himself puke. Good times.

Thursday
-First real soccer practice for the boys' team--which is the two of them plus four little girls. Their coach is really good. There was no pinching.

Friday
-William enthusiasticlly informed me: "Mom! I know why I don't think of space ships or Star Wars when I sing the Star Wars music! It's because I CAN'T THINK when I'm singing!!" I love his Eureka! moments.
-William complained at dinner that I hadn't cut his hamburger into "steak fingers." Jarek then offered to do it for him, to which William replied, "You're the best friend ever."

Saturday
-We actually left home early for a change, but William informed me in the middle of the downtown Austin traffic jam that he thought he was going to throw up. So we ended up turning around and coming straight back home.
-He started crying on the way home, and I thought it was because he was going to be sick, but he informed me he was crying "because we have to miss church." After I told him that we didn't want to get our friends sick, he said, "Yeah. I don't want to give Indiana a puking disease. He always gets these." Preserving the integrity of Indy's digestive tract seemed to comfort him somewhat about missing church.
-He fell asleep about 2 minutes after that conversation and slept all the way home.
-He's still sleeping.
-I hope he feels better soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacey said...

I love your updates Michelle! Hopefully William is feeling better now.... I'm sorry to hear you guys missed church.
I had a good laugh over the steak fingers and best friend line though:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.