Thursday, November 17, 2005

Wow! Look at me! Blogging two times in the same week! Yeah...that's all I wanted to say.

Ok. Not really.

I got the apartment! Yea! I am homeless no more. Of course I have no furniture, but who needs furniture? I have three computers. I'm sure William and I can sleep on one of them. :) Actually, I already have offers of furniture cast-offs pouring in. At least from Crystal. :) I'm just looking forward to having a space in which to unpack all of those boxes I haven't opened for four years. I'm sure I'll find some wonderful things in there that I missed a lot without knowing it. And I'm looking forward to doing some interior decorating...with a cardboard box motif until I get furniture. And I'm looking forward to getting up at an ungodly hour like I normally do, and turning on all the lights! Yes. I am not looking forward to getting all my bookshelves and boxes upon boxes of books up three flights of stairs. But I am looking forward to unpacking those books. See there's something I've definitely missed! William's looking forward to unpacking his toys. Oh...yeah. And being the ultimate authority when controversies arise over the remote. That'll be good too. I think this list could go on indefinitely. I'm very grateful to all the family who've roomed and boarded me over the past 4 1/2 years, but I'm also very grateful to have a place to call my own. As of December 11th. Yea!

3 comments:

Annette said...

That's awesome!! Can I come over sometime and have a sleepover on your cardboard beds?? :)

Michael said...

Congrats! How far are you doing to be from the Alamo?

Michelle said...

Actually, it looks like I might have 2 dining tables. I'm thinking, stack 'em up, and we'll have bunk beds! Of course they're round tables, so you'd have to sleep in the fetal postion....hmm. Maybe cardboard would be better. Hook me up with some design plans, Ryan! When you guys all come down here to hike this winter, we can bunk in my cardboard abode.

Michael: I'm about 30 minutes from the Alamo 'cause I'm actually out of San Antonio a ways in Schertz. So, no walking downtown for me.